Clichy, April 20th 2016 – L’Oréal unveils the 2015 results of Sharing Beauty with All, the Group’s sustainability program that sets ambitious commitments for 2020.
In 2015, the Group made important progress:
• 74% of L’Oréal products launched in 2015 have an improved environmental or social profile (vs 67% in 2014).
• In 2015, several brands launched products with formulas offering a level of biodegradability between 97 and 99%, including Garnier Ultra Doux Mythical Olive body lotion, Kérastase Fusio-Dose Booster Discipline, Ushuaïa Hibiscus Bio deodorant, Armani Men Master Cleanser and Vichy After-Sun Shower Oil.
• CO2 emissions of production decreased by 56% in absolute terms (vs -50.2% in 2014), despite a production increase of 26%, from a 2005 baseline.
• 66.6% of L’Oréal’s brands evaluated the environmental or social profile of their products (vs 22% in 2014)
• More than 60 600 people from underprivileged communities had access to work through a L’Oréal program.
“The mobilization of all L’Oréal teams allowed us to roll out the Sharing Beauty with All program worldwide on a solid basis. We will now move to an acceleration phase to achieve our targets by 2020” Alexandra Palt, Chief Sustainability Officer, said.
Download the report and discover all the results: www.sharingbeautywithall.com/en/results
Follow @LOrealCommitted, the Twitter account dedicated to L’Oréal’s sustainability commitments.
Discover the digital version of the report and the website: www.sharingbeautywithall.com/en
Sharing Beauty With All was launched in 2013. Completely integrated in L’Oréal’s value chain, this program is based on four pillars:
• Innovating sustainably, to reduce the environmental footprint of products and formulas;
• Producing sustainably, to reduce the environmental footprint of plants and distribution centers;
• Living sustainably, to empower consumers to make sustainable choices;
• Developing sustainably, by sharing growth with internal and external stakeholders (communities, suppliers and employees).
Every year, L’Oréal reports on the progress of Sharing Beauty With All with key performance indicators. Its results are reviewed and challenged by a panel of independent international experts.
L’Oréal has devoted itself to beauty for over 105 years. With its unique international portfolio of 32 diverse and complementary brands, the Group generated sales amounting to 25.26 billion euros in 2015 and employs 82,900 people worldwide. As the world’s leading beauty company, L’Oréal is present across all distribution networks: mass market, department stores, pharmacies and drugstores, hair salons, travel retail and branded retail.
Research and innovation, and a dedicated research team of 3,870 people, are at the core of L’Oréal’s strategy, working to meet beauty aspirations all over the world and attract one billion new consumers in the years to come. L’Oréal’s new sustainability commitment for 2020 “Sharing Beauty With All” sets out ambitious sustainable development objectives across the Group’s value chain. www.loreal.com
tél. : 33 1 47 56 89 83
tél. : 33 1 47 56 76 71