L’Oréal’s first Solidarity Sourcing programme on the strategic topic of digital technology took shape in 2017. The project, called Website Factory, is notably unfolding in India, in partnership with the
Group’s supplier Photon. Brands such as L’Oréal Paris, Garnier, Kérastase and Essie are using it to implement and maintain their websites.
Located in the area of Chennai classed as a “priority development zone” by the Indian government, the programme has three areas of focus:
- developing employment and regenerating the region;
- practising a policy of including local, underprivileged communities, particularly through training programmes;
- respecting and providing equal opportunities to women and minority groups.
It employs 69 people full time, a figure which is expected to double in 2018, considering the outlook for the initiative’s activity.
- All The Brands
- Promoting access to employment and social inclusion
- Joining forces with our suppliers around our commitments
- Putting employees at the centre of our commitments