Our consumers are the source of our inspiration as it is almost impossible to find a wider scope of beauty rituals amongst any other consumer group : from braiding to weaving from relaxing to treating from coloring to styling.
Therefore, all the beauty products developed by the African Beauty Brands laboratories are specifically dedicated, adapted and efficient to perfectly meet their demanding beauty needs.
To be the world leader in afro-specific hair care, means all our energy is focused on delivering state of the art hair care technologies.
And to achieve this, the Advanced Research of our unique dedicated team of scientists and biologists have developed extensive knowledge. Making us the
International brands such as Dark and Lovely and Magic, or local brands such as Optimum, Restore Plus and Blue Ice are all part of the African Beauty Brands portfolio.
Pioneer on its market, African Beauty Brands is responsible for several major innovations:
- √ 1901: Magic Shaving Powder was the first men’s depilatory brand
- √ 1978: Dark and Lovely launched the first no-lye relaxer kit to relax hair at home with no risk of scalp irritation
- √ 1993: Dark and Lovely Beautiful Beginnings: the first relaxer specially designed for the sensitive scalp of girls
- √ 2012: Dark and Lovely Color Intensity: the first haircolor tailor-made for African hair
- √ 2013: Dark and Lovely Amla Legend: the first haircare range enriched with purified Amla extract that rejuvenates hair and undoes 2 years of damage in 2 weeks
African Beauty Brands: beauty without compromise.