The Covid-19 pandemic exacerbated many existing inequalities, with devastating effects on those who were already struggling socially or economically or were victims of abuse, especially women. They have been disproportionately affected by the crisis, particularly in terms of job and income loss. They make up a large majority of single-parent families, and are increasingly forced to turn to food banks to meet their most basic needs. At the same time, domestic and sexual violence has increased worldwide, including in France (+30%), particularly due to the effects of lockdown measures.
For this reason, L’Oréal, which has long been committed to supporting women’s rights, launched in May 2020 a 50 million euro charitable endowment fund to support on the ground organizations and local charities in their efforts to:
- help women out of poverty,
- help women achieve social and professional integration,
- provide emergency assistance to refugee women,
- provide emergency assistance to disabled women,
- prevent domestic/sexual violence against women and support survivors,
- overcome obstacles to women and girls' access to education.
Applications to the L’Oréal Fund for Women will be held open from 2020 to 2023 and accepted on a rolling basis. Local charities and on the ground organizations working to support highly vulnerable women are eligible. Click on the button below to download application documents and read about our eligibility and selection criteria.
Apply to the L’Oréal Fund for Women