Libramont, a pioneering L’Oréal factory
At Libramont, we create beauty that moves the world since 1975. In this factory L’Oréal puts science and technology at the service of beauty every day.
Every year, millions of hair color and hair care kits are transported from the Belgian province of Luxembourg to the European consumer market. The Group's Belgian plant is a high-tech factory where 400 employees work with remote controlled machines, robots and automation to create over 200 million units yearly.
In addition to its technological skills, the L'Oréal plant in Libramont has always been a pioneer in sustainable development. In 2009 Libramont became the first carbon neutral site of L’Oréal Group. At the end of 2019, the plant became a Waterloop factory. Thanks to this progress, the plant is able to recycle 200m³ of water daily.
- 1975: Plant opening
- 2009: first carbon neutral site
- 2013: Beginning of the collaboration with Natagora
- 2019: Waterloop Factory
- 2020: Réseau Nature Labellisation from Natagora
- 2020: Gold award – FEB - Belgian Business award for environment
- 2021: Factory of the Future labialization
Route de Saint-Hubert - z.i. 1
6800 Recogne -Libramont