L’Oréal launches a Europe-wide coronavirus solidarity programme
18.03.2020 - Group
Clichy, 18 March 2020 - The L’Oréal group is implementing a European solidarity programme to support the fight against coronavirus by all stakeholders. Hospitals, care homes and pharmacies who are at the front-line in striving to curb the propagation of coronavirus; food distribution stakeholders, who guarantee the essential needs of consumers; hair salons, perfume stores and suppliers of VSE/SMEs, who are particularly exposed to the economic crisis resulting from this epidemic; and lastly partner non-profit organisations who are committed to combating insecurity, who are in need of support now more than ever.
The Group will implement the following measures with immediate effect:
- Solidarity with health authorities: The Group’s factories, which had already started making hand sanitiser last week, will now ramp up their production to manufacture significant quantities over the next few weeks to support the needs of French and European health authorities.
- Solidarity with healthcare and pharmacy staff: La Roche-Posay will equip all partner hospitals, care homes and main partner pharmacies in Europe with hand sanitiser. These establishments are our first line of defence against coronavirus and are committed to protecting us and curbing the epidemic every day. The brand is already supplying bottles freeof-charge to French pharmacies that are able to produce hand sanitiser in their own dispensaries.
- Solidarity with food distribution stakeholders: Garnier will supply and distribute several million units of hand sanitiser free-of-charge to all its European food distribution customers so that their employees, who are continuing to work to meet consumers’ basic needs, can protect themselves by following the recommended precautions.
- Solidarity with VSE/SMEs in our distribution networks (hair salons, small perfume shops): L’Oréal will freeze their payments until their businesses resume.
- Solidarity with our most exposed suppliers: For our suppliers who have been most exposed to the crisis, L’Oréal will shorten its payment times with systematic immediate payments.- Solidarity with the most needy: The L’Oréal Foundation has decided to donate one million euros to its partner non-profit organisations, who are committed to combatting insecurity. This will help the most needy to follow the recommended precautions, combat the coronavirus and withstand the consequences of this epidemic. These non-profit organisations supported throughout the year by the
L’Oréal Foundation will also be offered hygiene kits (shower gel and shampoo) and hand sanitiser for social workers, volunteers and beneficiaries.
Jean-Paul Agon, Chairman and CEO of L’Oréal, explains: “In this unprecedented crisis, it is our responsibility to contribute to the collective effort in every way possible. Through these actions, L’Oréal expresses our recognition, our support and our solidarity towards those who are demonstrating extraordinary courage and selflessness in their efforts to combat this pandemic.”
L’Oréal has devoted itself to beauty for over 100 years. With its unique international portfolio of 36 diverse and complementary brands, the Group generated sales amounting to 29.87 billion euros in 2019 and employs 88,000 people worldwide. As the world’s leading beauty company, L’Oréal is present across all distribution networks: mass market, department stores, pharmacies and drugstores, hair salons, travel retail, branded retail and e-commerce.
Research and innovation, and a dedicated research team of 4,100 people, are at the core of L’Oréal’s strategy, working to meet beauty aspirations all over the world. L’Oréal sets out ambitious sustainable development goals across the Group for 2030 and aims to empower its ecosystem for a more inclusive and sustainable society.
More information: https://mediaroom.loreal.com/
Individual Shareholders and Market Regulators
+33 (0)1 47 56 72 06
Financial Analysts and Institutional Investors
+33 (0)1 47 56 86 82
+33 (0)1 47 56 87 88
Switchboard: +33 (0)1 47 56 70 00