- 15,500 people trained through the Digital Upskilling programme
- 96% of the group’s permanent employees have health insurance in line with best practices in their country of residence
- 33% of Executive Committee members are women
- 498patents filed in 2017
- €877M invested in Research & Innovation
- 16evaluation centres
- 3global centres in France
- 20research centres grouped into six regional hubs (United States, Japan, China, India, Brazil and South Africa)
- 41 production sites
- 24 carbon-neutral sites in 2017, including 9 factories
- 100 quality verifications on average for each product
- 3 “A” ratings from CDP¹
- 91% of our brands have already assessed their social or environmental impact
- 30,000 employees volunteered during the Citizen Day in 2017
- 76% of new products launched in 2017 boast an improved social or environmental profile
- -73% reduction in absolute CO2 emissions at our factories and distribution centres compared to 2005
- +53,500people from communities facing social and financial hardship were able to find employment through L’Oréal’s solidarity initiatives
- 88% of brands have assessed their environmental or social impact
- 63,584 people from socially or economically disadvantaged communities gained access to employment
- 83% of the Group’s strategic suppliers³ have been assessed and selected on the basis of their environmental and social performance
- 96% of the Group’s permanent employees have health insurance in line with best practices in their country of residence⁴
- 1B visits to our websites
- 250M followers on social networks
- 38% of media investments in digital
- +33.6%growth of e-commerce sales²
- 8%of consolidated sales in e-commerce²
Source : 2017 Annual Report, click here to discover the full version online
¹CDP is an independent international organisation that evaluates companies’ environmental performance.
²Sales achieved on our brands' own websites + estimated sales achieved by the brands corresponding to sales through our retailers' websites (non-audited data), like-for-like growth.
¹ New products, i.e. those for which new formulas have been developed and which are produced for the first time in the Group’s factories, or products whose packaging was modified or renovated in 2018.
² CDP is an independent international organisation which assesses companies’ environmental performance.
³ Strategic suppliers are suppliers whose added value is significant for the Group by contributing sustainably to L’Oréal’s strategy by their weight, their innovations, their strategic alignment and their geographical deployment.
⁴ This corresponds to 100% of employees covered by the L’Oréal Share & Care programme (permanent employees of the Group, excluding in some countries part-time contracts <21 hours/week, beauty advisors and boutique employees, given that the integration of recent acquisitions and new subsidiaries is a gradual process).
¹ Source: Google Analytics data - L'Oréal accounts.
² Source: Worldwide social networks data.
¹ Sales achieved on our brands’ own websites + estimated sales achieved by our brands corresponding to sales through our retailers’ websites (non-audited data).
² Like-for-like: based on a comparable structure and identical exchange rates.
- 505patents filed in 2018
- €914M i.e 3.4% of sales, invested in Research & Innovation
- 21research centres spread across 6 regional hubs, 3 global centres in Europe
- 14evaluation centres
- 40Production sites
- 38 Carbon-neutral sites in 2018, including 31 factories
- 100Quality verifications on average for each product