Rallying women to become author of their own destiny
According to UNESCO, Education is one of the most important tool for empowering women in society. Everywhere in the world, at any time, inequalities against women persist. It's not only about getting girls into school, but it's about breaking down the barriers that hold women back from accessing coveted opportunities.
With the Write Her Future program, Lancôme has been committed since 2017 to take decisive actions on the ground, by identifying precisely the specific needs of each country and community and providing concrete support to women so they can achieve self-fulfillment.
Education drives gender equality which is key to creating a fairer society and a more sustainable world. But for education to fulfill its potential, both girls and boys must equally benefit from it, which it is still not the case.
- For example, in France, 1 million(1) women are illiterate,
- In the US, only 20%(2) of women of color get a degree before turning 29 years old,
- In Japan, the percentage of female IT engineers was only 21.1% in 2020(3).
These facts illustrate the 3 fields of action of our program:
- Provide access to functional literacy for women so they develop a strong foundation of skills
- Give women access to higher education scholarships
- Support women through mentorship & training to gain competitiveness within the job market and break down entrepreneurship barriers to start their own business
The Write Her Future program reflects the brand's social commitment and its desire to raise awareness, promote positive societal change, and to create a community of inspiring women who take care of each other.