1. L’Oréal is committed to respect towards all people and celebrates beauty in all its diversity, and collaborates with people of all genders, backgrounds, skin types and walks of life. We seek to work with influencers who share our values and Ethical Principles – Integrity, Respect, Courage and Transparency. We reserve the right to pursue due diligence depending on the nature of the relationship we are entering in. In this case, we only review information already in the public domain.
2. We seek to partner with influencers who have built their following organically through efforts and talent. We check that influencers do not buy or artificially inflate follower count or engagement through paid-for or ‘like-for-like’ means.
3. We are fully transparent when communicating about the nature of our relationship with influencers, not only because we must comply with the applicable regulations worldwide, but also to ensure and retain consumer trust.
4. We outline our expectations, objectives and other details like timing for publications (or posting deadlines) in a clear way. We provide influencers with the creative liberty of relaying the message in their own style and voice as we value their creativity and authenticity.
5. We respect our mutual terms of agreement in terms of image and intellectual property rights (including patents, trade marks, designs, copyrights and neighbouring rights, as well as moral rights) and personal data.
6. We do not work with influencers who are under 16 years old or the legal contractual age.
7. We will act and communicate respectfully with influencers during all interactions, whether virtual or face-to-face.
1. Influencers commit to communicating in an authentic way, sharing creative, engaging and valuable content.
2. Influencers share with L’Oréal the same Ethical principles and values and commit to not posting or have previously posted content which is at odds with our values of respect, tolerance and inclusion. Furthermore, influencers will not share views or engage in behavior which could be interpreted as racism, antisemitism, homophobia, misogyny, religious intolerance, violence, bullying or aggressiveness towards others, pornography or any type of criminal activity.
3. Influencers are free to share honest opinions about our products and brands, while refraining from posting defamatory content on them.
4. Depending on the nature of the relationship, influencers commit to respect terms of agreement including rules of engagement, expectations and objectives, or content posting deadlines.
5. Influencers shall communicate in a transparent way regarding the nature of their relationship with L’Oréal by fully disclosing their commercial interests to their audience, so that there is complete transparency when content has been paid-for or incentivized (paid partnership, #SponsoredBy, etc).
6. Influencers will respect all image and intellectual property rights of third parties (including trade marks, designs, copyrights, neighbouring rights, and moral rights) as well as all consumer rights to data privacy. More specifically influencers will obtain all necessary authorizations from image and intellectual property rights owners (including models, photographers, music publishers and record labels) before using any third parties’ image and works (including music) in any content.
7. Influencers will act and communicate respectfully with L’Oréal teams during all their interactions, whether virtual or face-to-face.