Diversity and Inclusion at L'Oréal: How does it work and why is it so important?
Our policy of welcoming people of all life experiences and backgrounds has real benefits for our team members and our business success.
We believe in a world where all people have a voice and all people can contribute. We believe that a policy of Diversity and Inclusion opens the door for people of different cultures, life experiences and backgrounds to learn from one another and work together for better communities and better companies.
As a company whose mission is to inspire beauty for people around the globe, our team members and suppliers must reflect the world’s diversity, empowered to share a greater variety of viewpoints, perspectives and knowledge in order for us to meet our consumers’ needs and respond to their many and varied ideals of beauty. A diverse and inclusive workplace leads to more innovative solutions that are essential to our continued success as both a business and as a responsible corporate citizen.
We advance Diversity and Inclusion in collaboration with committed teams throughout the company and the marketplace. Many of our initiatives have produced significant results recognized by independent organizations. In our workplace, we are committed to:
- Fostering gender equality at every level;
- Welcoming people and suppliers of every culture, and social background;
- Enabling people with disabilities to thrive;
- Ensuring an inclusive environment for LGBTI communities.
D&I is more than Diversity and Inclusion, it is also:
- D&I = Daring and Invention: When everyone feels valued they are free to think outside the box and voice novel solutions.
- D&I = Drive and Inspiration: When everyone feels valued they are motivated, stimulated and give their best.
- D&I = Dynamism and Innovation: When everyone feels valued they are free to initiate change and implement innovations.
- D&I = Development and Inviduality: When everyone feels valued they are enabled to grow and thrive as individuals and enable us to grow and thrive as a company.
- D&I = Dedication and Involvement: When everyone feels valued they go the extra mile and are truly committed to our missions and our customers.